Folding helmets are the perfect solution for those who want to keep their head protected while also being able to easily store their helmet when not in use. Whether you’re commuting to work or going on a leisurely bike ride, a folding helmet is a convenient and practical choice.
When looking for the best folding helmet, there are a few critical things to consider. One of the most important factors is safety. You want to make sure that the helmet you choose will provide adequate protection in case of an accident. Another essential factor is comfort. A helmet that is uncomfortable to wear will likely be left at home, defeating the purpose of having a helmet altogether. Finally, you’ll want to consider the size and weight of the helmet, as well as how easy it is to fold and store.
After researching and testing several folding helmets, we’ve identified the top options on the market. These helmets offer a balance of safety, comfort, and convenience, making them the best choices for anyone in need of a folding helmet. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at each of these helmets, highlighting their unique features and benefits.
Best Folding Helmets
We understand that finding the right helmet is crucial for your safety as a cyclist. However, carrying a bulky helmet around can be a hassle, especially if you’re commuting or traveling. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best folding helmets that provide both safety and convenience. Our team has thoroughly researched and tested various folding helmets to bring you the top options on the market. Whether you’re a daily commuter or a weekend adventurer, we’ve got you covered with our roundup of the best folding helmets.
If you’re looking for a bike helmet that’s easy to store and carry, the FEND One Foldable Bike Helmet might be just what you need.
- The FEND One Foldable Bike Helmet can be folded by 50%, making it easy to store in any bag or backpack.
- The helmet has a durable design that’s won multiple awards, including the 2018 Red Dot Design Award and the 2018 Edison Award.
- The FEND One Foldable Bike Helmet exceeds US CPSC and European EN1078 safety standards for bicycles, skateboards, and e-bikes/scooters under 20mph.
- Some users have reported that the straps on the inside of the helmet can come off early on.
- It can be difficult to fold both sides in simultaneously.
- The FEND One Foldable Bike Helmet is only available in one color (Matte Black).
The FEND One Foldable Bike Helmet is comfortable and lightweight, with an integrated dial fit system for precise adjustments and additional adjustment padding for the perfect fit. However, some users have reported that the straps on the inside of the helmet can come off early on, which could be a cause for concern. Additionally, while the helmet can be folded by 50%, it can be difficult to fold both sides in simultaneously.
Overall, if you’re looking for a bike helmet that’s easy to store and carry, the FEND One Foldable Bike Helmet might be a good option to consider.
If you’re looking for a foldable bike helmet that is easy to store and transport, the Closca Helmet Loop is a great option.
- The patented folding system allows the helmet to reduce its volume by 45%, making it easy to store and transport.
- The innovative Air Flow air intake system offers constant ventilation during the ride, making it suitable for any season of the year.
- The elastic band at the back makes the helmet adapt perfectly to the shape of every head, making it a perfect helmet for everyone.
- The helmet may not fold as compactly as some other foldable helmets on the market.
- The buckle may move around a bit and can be initially hard to secure.
- The helmet may not fit comfortably for people with larger head sizes.
The Closca Helmet Loop is a foldable bike helmet that is designed for daily use as a city bike and scooter helmet. It is lightweight, stylish, and comfortable, making it a great option for those who want a helmet that is easy to store and transport.
The helmet is designed to cover the most sensitive part of the head and protect it against any impact produced by an accident. In the event of a collision, the impact is dissipated and distributed over the surface of the helmet, significantly reducing the impact. Its patented folding system prevents the helmet from folding in the event of a collision.
The Closca Helmet Loop is aerodynamic, adjustable, and comfortable, with an innovative Air Flow air intake system that offers constant ventilation during the ride, making it suitable for any season of the year. The elastic band at the back makes the helmet adapt perfectly to the shape of every head, making it a perfect helmet for everyone.
Overall, the Closca Helmet Loop is a great option for those who want a foldable bike helmet that is easy to store and transport. It is stylish, comfortable, and designed to provide maximum protection in the event of an accident.
If you’re looking for a foldable helmet that’s easy to carry around, the Closca Helmet might be a good option for you.
- The Closca Helmet’s patented folding system allows it to be reduced in volume by 55% in less than a second, making it easy to store in any bag or backpack.
- Its “invisible” ventilation system improves air flow and makes it an ideal helmet for any time of the year.
- The Closca Helmet’s urban style and interchangeable visors make it a stylish and practical choice for daily use in the city.
- The helmet’s materials might not be as durable as other helmets on the market, leading to potential wear and tear over time.
- The helmet might not fit all head shapes and sizes perfectly, despite the rear adjustment system.
- The Closca Helmet might not be the best option for those looking for a helmet with a lot of extra features or advanced technology.
The Closca Helmet is a good option for those looking for a foldable helmet that’s easy to carry around and has a stylish urban design. While the helmet might not be the most durable option on the market, its patented folding system and “invisible” ventilation system make it a practical and comfortable choice for daily use in the city.
When it comes to choosing the best folding helmet, there are a few key features that you should consider before making your purchase. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
Make sure that the helmet meets the safety standards of your country. In the United States, for example, helmets should comply with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) standards. Look for a sticker or label on the helmet that indicates compliance.
Fit and Comfort
A helmet that doesn’t fit properly won’t provide the necessary protection in the event of an accident. Look for a helmet that fits snugly but comfortably on your head. Many helmets come with adjustable straps or pads to help you achieve the perfect fit.
A helmet that doesn’t allow for proper ventilation can be uncomfortable, especially in hot weather. Look for a helmet with adequate vents to keep your head cool and dry.
Of course, the main feature of a folding helmet is its ability to fold down for easy storage and transport. Look for a helmet that folds down to a compact size and is easy to unfold and put back on.
A helmet should be able to withstand regular wear and tear, as well as the occasional bump or scrape. Look for a helmet made from durable materials that can withstand impact.
Finally, consider your budget when choosing a folding helmet. While safety should always be the top priority, there are plenty of affordable options on the market that offer great protection and convenience.
By considering these factors, you’ll be able to find a folding helmet that meets your needs and keeps you safe on the road.
Are foldable helmets safe?
Foldable helmets can be safe as long as they meet the necessary safety standards and certifications. Look for foldable helmets that comply with recognized safety regulations to ensure they provide adequate protection in case of an accident.
Are Closca helmets safe?
Closca helmets are designed with safety in mind. They meet safety standards such as CPSC (US), EN1078 (Europe), and ASTM F1447 (Canada). Closca helmets undergo rigorous testing to ensure they provide reliable protection while offering a stylish and foldable design.
Are there foldable bike helmets?
Yes, there are foldable bike helmets available. These helmets offer the convenience of being easily collapsible for compact storage. Foldable helmets can be a practical choice for commuters and travelers who seek a helmet that is both portable and protective.
What is better than a MIPS helmet?
MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) is a popular helmet technology designed to reduce rotational forces during an impact. Other helmet technologies that aim to enhance safety include WaveCel, SPIN, and Koroyd. The effectiveness of these technologies may vary, so it’s important to choose a helmet that meets recognized safety standards.
What are the disadvantages of flip-up helmets?
Flip-up helmets, also known as modular helmets, offer the convenience of a flip-up front, allowing riders to easily switch between an open-face and full-face configuration. However, compared to full-face helmets, they tend to be heavier, bulkier, and may have reduced impact protection due to the hinge mechanism.
What are the safest types of helmets?
Full-face helmets typically provide the highest level of protection as they cover the entire head, including the face and chin. These helmets are commonly used in motorcycle racing and high-speed riding. However, the safest type of helmet depends on the specific activity and the standards it meets. It is important to choose a helmet that complies with recognized safety certifications such as DOT (Department of Transportation), ECE (Economic Commission for Europe), or Snell.